Moving Check List
Take a look at our moving check list below:
What do I need to do 6 weeks before I move?
- Confirm your move with mover and sign the deal
- Identify prohibited items and make arrangements during the move
- Prepare to handle your pets during the move 5 weeks before your move
- Remove and dispose items you don’t want to carry
What do I need to do 4 weeks before I move?
- Inform people of your new address
- Notify banks and other financial institutions about your move
- Round up passports, birth/marriage certificates and other family documentation
What should I do 3 weeks before I move?
- Separate favorite toys and household articles
- Make sure your pet’s vaccinations are up to date
- Arrange for mail to be forwarded 2 weeks before you move
- Start to dismantle climbing frames/garden furniture
- Agree upon an insurance value and terms with your mover
- Make arrangements of connection of services to your new home
- Return library books
- Find new place for your plants
What needs to be done 3 days before I move?
- Clean the refrigerator/freezer
- Plan simple meals for moving day to avoid using appliances
- Separate luggage items you need for personal travel
- Clean garden tools, bicycles and other gardening equipment
- Empty the tanks of powered tools such as mowers
- Check you have enough medication for at least two weeks, and ensure you have copies of any necessary prescriptions for use at destination
- Collect travelers checks or local currency
- Arrange for someone to look after the children on moving day
Thank you for taking the time to read our moving check list. If you have any questions, call the moving experts in Virginia! Apple Transfer is ready to take your call!